Jennifer Burke, OTR/L – Creative Health Solutions
To facilitate pain relief, I provide a comprehensive evaluation of:
- biomechanical status (range of motion, strength, location of pain, presence of trigger points, demands on postural system, and general functional abilities)
- life role and lifestyle demands, sleep integrity, level of exertional tolerance, and co-morbid symptom involvement.
- present strategies used for symptom management including the availability of a health care team and self advocacy skills.
- sensory system as it relates to environmental sensitivities, fatigue, mood and general stress
Treatment focus is on collaborative decision making for appropriate implementation of new activities and modification of present activities of daily living; including self utilization of best practice strategies, tools and equipment, and health care resources, for an improved sense of control, functionalityand quality of life.
Trial of FDA approved tools for self-management of pain include:
- Cold Lasers
- LED Light Therapy
- Pulsed magnetic current
- Microcurrents (TENS, Alpha-stim)
- Various myofascial release tools
- Percussive vibration
- Contrast temperature techniques and equipment
- Pivot postural system, Mackenzie, and foam roller equipment
- Sacrowedgy and Neck Re-lease devices
- Stretching assist tools
- Ergonomic seating and other functional devices
- Plantar fascitis solutions
- Deep pressure protocols for sensory adaptation
- Progressive relaxation
- Mindfulness techniques
- Sleep hygiene strategies
I’m licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the state of New York. I graduated from Mount Mary College in Milwaukee, WI with a Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Therapy. After working for 15 years in Pediatrics, I retired early due to severe Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I spent the next 9 years researching these conditions, attending conferences, doctor appointments and therapy sessions in order to manage my symptoms. I share what I learned on my own journey with my patients.
Be the first to leave a review.